THE 3RD WORKSHOP ON SHIPS AND OFFSHORE STRUCTURES 2018
Workshop on Ships and Offshore Structures invite you to WSOS 2018 which will take place in Glasgow, United Kingdom, 7-10 February 2018. This year workshop is organised by EKMOA (Europe-Korea Marine and Ocean Engineers Association) and University of Strathclyde.
Workshop scope: ocean, marine technology, marine environment, green shipping, ocean/offshore technology, geo-technology, renewable energy, rules and regulations, risk, safety and reliability.
WSOS 2018 aims to
- review current state-of-the-art technology and discuss on future development.
- discuss collaboration of research, development and innovation with researchers, engineers, and policy decision makers from Korea and UK/Europe.
- encourage mutual understandings and cultivate friendship between Korea and UK/Europe.
- exchange views on “Korea-UK Dual Degree Programme”.
- the workshop is as part of the broader programme, the UK-Korea Joint Committee Meetings on Science & Technology Cooperation (JCM). The JCM has been a biennial event between UK and Korea governments since 1985.
- 1st announcement: 10th October 2017
- Abstract submission: 10th December 2017
- Presentation submission: 10th January 2018
- Registration deadline: 10th January 2018 (standard fee: £250, students fee: £150)
- Formal manuscripts are not required (oral presentations only). Please submit your abstract (250 to 400 words) and registration form to firstname.lastname@example.org
On behalf of WSOS 2018 Steering Committee and Technical Programme Committee, I would like to thank you for your support. It would be appreciated if you can forward this information to anyone who may be interested in this annual event.
We look forward to seeing you in Glasgow, February 2018.
With best wishes,
Dr Yongwon Lee Ph.D, C.Eng
Technical Programme Committee
WSOS 2018 Glasgow
President, Europe-Korea Marine and Ocean Engineers Association (EKMOA)
Vice President, Korean Scientists and Engineers Association in the UK (KSEAUK)