KSEAUK Information Center
Board > Upcoming event       

로그인  회원가입
  [EKC 2017] Marine & Ocean Group
이름 : kseauk  2017-04-19 06:09:48, 조회 : 677, 추천 : 76

- Download #1 : image001.png (338.4 KB), Download : 17

[10th EUROPE-KOREA CONFERENCE ON SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY 2017]

Dear Colleagues,

On behalf of the organising committee of the 10th Europe-Korea Conference on Science and Technology 2017 (EKC 2017), I would like to take this opportunity to cordially invite you to EKC 2017 which will take place on 26-29 July 2017 in Kista, Stockholm, Sweden.  In particular we are very pleased to announce that EKC 2017 Science and Technology Programme Committee organises technical sessions with respect to ocean, ships, and offshore structures.

Marine & Ocean Group

Massive growth in global GDP brings big opportunities to the marine industry and world trade continues to rise in line with economic expansion. The volume of seaborne trade could be double within 20 years. Oil and natural gas is expected to account for 60 per cent of global demand for energy in 20 years. Advances in technology will be the keys to meet the growing demand for energy from more diverse sources. Moreover, the offshore renewable energy area such as offshore wind energy, wave energy, tidal energy, etc. is recently growing rapidly. This indicates growing challenges and opportunities to produce offshore oil and gas, and offshore renewable energy. Growth in the world economy also results in concern for environmental impact due to marine activities.

Group Marine & Ocean concerns for ocean, marine technology, marine environment, green shipping, ocean/offshore technology, geo-technology, offshore renewable energy, safety, and reliability. The Group M&O organises the following sessions in EKC 2017 Stockholm.
  • M&O Session 1: Maritime Safety and Environment
  • M&O Session 2: Advanced Ship Technology
  • M&O Session 3: Ocean and Offshore I
  • M&O Session 4: Ocean and Offshore II
  • Poster Presentation Session
  • EKMOA Annual General Meeting
The sessions aim to review current state-of-the-art technology as well as discuss on future development and technology industrialisation with scientists, engineers, and policy decision makers from Korea and Europe. The Group M&O also provides opportunities for participants to find collaboration partners working in the fields.

Key dates
  • 1st Deadline of abstract submission (formal manuscripts are not required): 28th April 2017
  • Notification of abstract acceptance (with a type of presentation, i.e. oral or poster): 15th May 2017
  • Deadline for early registration: 30th May 2017
  • Deadline for registration (close of registration): 25th June 2017
Please find more information of EKC 2017 Stockholm from www.ekc2017.org
On behalf of the organising committee, I would like to thank you in advance for your interest and contribution to the conference and I hope that this event will provide you invaluable experience.  Also it would be appreciated if you could inform this to your colleagues who may be interested in.

Look forward to seeing you in Stockholm, July 2017.

Sincerely yours,
Dr Yongwon Lee  Ph.D, C.Eng
Marine & Ocean Group, EKC 2017 S&T Programme Committee
Europe-Korea Marine and Ocean Engineers Association
Email: yongwon.lee@lr.org  ekmoa-general-affairs@googlegroups.com
  답글달기   추천하기   목록보기