WORKSHOP ON SHIPS AND OFFSHORE STRUCTURES 2016
KSEAUK (the Korean Scientists and Engineers Association in the UK) and Newcastle University would like to cordially invite you to WSOS 2016 which will take place in Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom, 17-19 November 2016.
WSOS 2016 aims to:
This year, the workshop will become a part of the broader programme, the UK-Korea Joint Committee Meetings on S&T Cooperation (JCM). The JCM has been a biennial event between UK and Korea governments since 1985. The JCM is expected to be held at the end of November 2016, subject to confirmation.
- review current state-of-the-art technology and discuss on future development.
- discuss collaboration of research, development and innovation with researchers, engineers, and policy decision makers from Korea and UK/Europe.
- encourage mutual understandings and cultivate friendship between Korea and UK/Europe.
- exchange views on “Korea-UK Dual Degree Programme”.
Workshop scope: ocean, marine technology, marine environment, green shipping, ocean/offshore technology, geo-technology, renewable energy, rules and regulations, safety, and reliability.
Formal manuscripts are not required (oral presentations only). After the workshop, the proceedings will be provided.
- 1st announcement: 20th May 2016
- Abstract submission: 20th August 2016
- Presentation submission: 20th October 2016
- Registration deadline: 20th October 2016 (standard fee: £200, students fee: £100)
On behalf of WSOS 2016 Programme Committee, I would like to thank you for your support. It would be greatly appreciated if you could forward this information to anyone who might be interested in our event.
Look forward to seeing you in Newcastle upon Tyne, November 2016.
With best wishes,
Dr Yongwon Lee Ph.D, C.Eng
Vice President (International), the Korean Scientists and Engineers Association in the UK
Korean Community Centre, 108-110 Coombe Lane, Raynes Park, London, SW20 0AY, UK