JUNG MIN , Lim
SIG-MST (Material Science and Technology)
Material Science and Technology (MST)
Scope: multi-disciplinary research field aimed at bringing together cutting-edge research and commercialization opportunity across academics and industry sector related to materials science, engineering and technology, as well as increasing the impact of other classical disciplines such as physics, chemistry and biology if applicable.
Purpose: 1) invaluable community and expertise hub for all scientists and engineers, in both academia and industry, who work in discovering and developing materials and materials-related applications. 2) aims to be a materials science and engineering community that brings together a broad spectrum of scientists and engineers in Europe.
How: welcomes researchers in all areas of materials research, where "materials" and those of who interested in "commercialization" include the following as example:
- Organic, inorganic, hybrid and composite materials
- Engineering and structural materials (metals, alloys, ceramics, composites)
- For materials science, physics, chemistry, electronics, energy, optics, photonics and optoelectronics, etc.
- Research on nanoscale processes, computation, modelling, materials theory, surfaces/thin-film engineering, design, synthesis and characterization techniques, etc.
- Material related commercialization